What will you study and other information about GCSE ECONOMICS
The subject content looks at economic activity through the lens of consumers, producers,
government, and the workings of the global economy. As students go through the course they’re
presented with opportunities to focus on real-world issues. Students should consider and reflect
upon moral, ethical, and sustainable issues that arise as a result of the impact of economic activity.
Paper 1 – How markets work:
1. Economic foundations
2. Resource allocation
3. How prices are determined
4. Production, costs, revenue and profit
5. Competitive and concentrated markets
6. Market failure
Paper 2 – How the economy works:
7. Introduction to the national economy
8. Government objectives
9. How the government manages the economy
10. International trade and the global economy
11. The role of money and financial markets
Nothing specific will be needed, however, your own calculator will help.
GCSE economics is a subject that can open many gateways into many fields as it incorporates topics from other subjects like business, finance, geography, and maths.