2021 – 2022 Blackpool Sixth examination information
A letter to students from OfQual for the arrangements for GCSEs, A levels and vocational and technical qualifications in 2022.
The exam board Pearson have issued information about student appeals for BTEC UTAGs.
Please see the links below if required.
Application form to appeal a BTEC UTAG:
Guide to grading
The DfE have also produced a guide for students on how GCSEs, A levels, vocational and technical qualifications are graded and awarded in the academic year 2021 to 2022. You can access this here.
Guidance on preparing for exams from the exam boards
Examination Key Dates
2022 Summer Examination series – GCSEs, A Levels and vocational and technical qualifications
- The summer 2022 examination series commences on Tuesday 3rd May 2022
- The summer 2022 examination series concludes on Tuesday 28th June 2022
- Individual student timetables will be emailed to students on Friday 29th April 2022.
Examination Results Key Dates
2022 Summer Examination Results
Results days – dates and key release details
18th August 2021: A level and vocational level 3 results
25th August 2021: GCSE and vocational level 2 results
- Emails will be sent to students from 8:00 am onwards on the results days advising the students of their summer 2022 qualification results.
- Emails will be sent to the student’s college email account.
- Results information will be released on the student portal from 8:00am on the same day.
- Results information will be released on the parent portal 24 hours later.
Special Consideration for Summer 2022 – JCQ have released an update to the Special Consideration guidance on 1 April 2022 which can be seen here.
Post Results Information – dates and key release details
Information to follow.
- Certification collection events are currently suspended due to the ongoing challenges of the pandemic. Please contact the Examinations team by email for further details.
Exam relation information downloads
- Information for Candidates – Social Media
- Information for Candidates – Privacy notice
- Information for candidates – Written Exams
- Information for candidates – Onscreen Tests
- Information for candidates – Coursework
- Information for candidates – Non-Examination Assessment
- Information for candidates – Social Media
- Warning to Candidates
- Unauthorised Items Poster
Examination team contact details
If you have any queries then please contact the Examinations Team by emailing email@example.com. Alternatively, write to Examinations Department, The Blackpool Sixth Form College, Blackpool Old Road, Blackpool, FY3 7LR.
Examination office opening hours (term and holiday time) – We are available Monday to Friday 09:00am – 16:00pm. The office is closed during the Christmas break and bank holidays. Please note that due to the Covid situation opening hours may vary. Please contact the Examinations team via email in the first instance. To see all the academic dates, please click here.
The examinations office is the department to contact for any queries to do with examinations held at Blackpool Sixth.
- Advice on examination issues
- Examination entries
- Special consideration
- Examination timetables
- Access to scripts
- Re-marking of Scripts
- Liaison with examination boards
- Subject/candidate transfers
Here is information on the college’s policy on the review of centre-assessed marks (GCSE controlled assessments, GCE coursework, GCE and GCSE non-examination assessments and Project qualifications).