Blackpool Sixth has been transformed with a £29 million development to our campus, which has created an outstanding learning environment for students.
Blackpool Sixth is located centrally between Blackpool and Poulton-le-Fylde. Blackpool Sixth is approximately 10 minutes drive from Blackpool town centre and is 10 minutes walk from both Layton and Poulton train stations. Our campus is also easily accessible via the local bus services.
Outstanding teaching and learning facilities:
- State-of-the-art classrooms
- The Frame – excellent open plan arts centre
- 300 seat professional standard theatre
- Brand new engineering facility
- 2 x professional drama studios
- Professional standard dance studio
- Fully equipped music recording rooms
- State-of-the-art science laboratories
- Refurbished sports hall with climbing wall
- On-site gymnasium
- The Link – pastoral mentor study area
- FYi – excellent library and study zone
- Various sized conference rooms
- Excellent committee room with stunning views across the Fylde Coast
Excellent catering facilities:
- Cafe 6
- On-site Starbucks
- Deli Counter
- Grab&Go (convenience store)
- Coffee shop
- Cashless System
- Over 1000 Apple Macs
- Portable laptop stations
- Technology for learning
- Photography & recording suite
- Recording studio
- Computer suites with interactive projectors
- Fully equipped design software, including Adobe Creative Cloud and Final Cut Pro
Additional needs facilities:
- Focus Centre – fully equipped and staffed support zone
- Wheelchair access throughout the building
- Accessible resources for a range of additional needs
We have invested heavily in our facilities in order to provide an excellent learning environment for our students. Most recently we have invested £5.5 million in a new theatre, two drama studios and new classrooms as well a new catering facilities and a Sports Hall.
The primary purpose of our campus is for the education of students attending the college. We do recognise, however, the benefit these facilities can bring to local community groups or larger organisations.
We have the flexibility to offer various combinations of rooms and depending on the combination and length of hire we may be able to offer discounted prices. We are also able to offer catering with most of our events, for full details and prices you will need to contact our lettings manager at email@example.com.
UPDATE: Please note that due to the Coronavirus situation, college lettings are limited to weekdays up to 8 pm only. This will be reviewed in February 2022. Many thanks for your understanding about this.